Sunday, January 17, 2010

Landon's 1st Birthday Party

We had a Mod Monkey themed party for Landon's 1st birthday! We had a great afternoon celebrating with family & friends!














Cute invites!

















Our family before the party started with our big birthday boy!
















The food!

Everything matched so I made sure the food followed the party theme.

The menu:

Chunky Monkey Cheeseburgers

Funky Monkey Fruit Pizza

Banana Rama

Munkey Munch

Banana Pudding
















Jungle juice station

















Landon's smash cake

















Cute birthday boy eating party food





















He loved all the attention!


















Playing with friends
















Landon's daycare buddy





































Ready to open presents with Mommy















The popular present: The scout!















Landon wasn't too sure why everyone was singing to him!

















Make a wish!
















Landon ready for his cake!

















He wasn't too sure at first
















but he got into it!
















He loved the icing!
































And feeding Daddy his cake!

















Goodie Bags for the guests






























Some of the treats

















Afterparty: playing with my toys!














Landon loves his slide from Nana and Grandpa!

















Uncle Zach taught him how fun it is!


A couple of funny sidenotes of memories we will never forget:

There are no pictures of my parents because -although they were there- they were working their booties off!!!! I was struck down (and I mean STRUCK DOWN) with food poisioning the day before the party (dang you Chuckie Cheese salad bar...it tasted sooo good!) I was in bed all day/night the day before and woke up the morning of the party still debating if we should cancel. My parents got here at 1o am and helped get all the food prepared and ready to go. I was too terrified to touch any food or plates, etc for fear I might get someone else sick! They worked HARD to get everything ready and keep it going with Jason! Luckily, I had already decorated everything (it pays to be an overachiever sometimes). That night Jason surprised me with a night away to celebrate our first year as parents so then my parents kept Landon overnight. Poor Nana & grandpa- they thought they were coming to a birthday party and worked all weekend!! THANKS! WE LOVE YOU!!!!


















And the freaky monkey cake! When I ordered the cake, the bakery kept telling me they couldn't copy the exact monkey because it was trademarked, but that they would do their own version. I thought they were just telling me that for legal reasons! I kept telling them it had to match exactly because EVERYTHING matches. Literally, no other monkeys or colors were allowed for any decor! I was so picky and everything matched exactly! Needless to say, I gasped when I saw the cake. I kept it up high on the table so the small children weren't scared!

No comments:

Post a Comment