Friday, January 20, 2012

Happy 3rd Birthday to our favorite little boy!!!!

Landon's birthday week started with getting a haircut. Landon LOVES LOVES LOVES getting his hair cut. Bubbles, movies, snacks- it's the best! He asks all the time to get a haircut so I knew we had to get one for his big week!





Ashlyn & Landon at his party at school


Jason & I took a Yo Gabba Gabba cake for Landon's school friends. Landon was so excited about this. He picked out black (???) plates. I had cute blue ones or character ones, but his heart was set on black so black it was!





January 13, 2012



Landon blowing out his candle at school




Landon's class eating his birthday cake. Landon loved all the attention!







Ashie & Mommy waiting on the boys to take pics


Last family picture with our TWO year old- January 13, 2012

Jason wanted to wake up and take a picture of Landon at 4:16 am. He slept in our bed (current phase is "sleepin' in ya'lls bed") and I actually did wake up at 4:00. Wish I would have taken a picture of our birthday boy!


Landon finally woke up around 7:00. Jason & I were singing "Happy Birthday".



Ashlyn and Landon not sure what is going on.


A change of clothes later ("I pee peed ya'lls bed") and Landon was ready for breakfast. He picked cinammon rolls because that is his current obsession! I put sprinkles on his for his big day.



Make a wish, Landon!!



Opening presents at breakfast


New iPad game

We had a quiet morning- just our little family- before everyone came in for Landon's party. We went to Chick Fil A (Landon's favorite) for lunch.




Landon putting together his tricycle from Nana & Papa. He loves this gift! Since its been 70 degrees, he has rode this down to the park every night.


That afternoon- January 14- we had Landon's party at Jump N Jungle.


The poor baby woke up the next morning with Strep throat. Poor baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Although he looks great, he felt horrible and sounded horrible. It was not a good way to end his birthday weekend.... so we put the party on hold. Nana & Papa kept him out of school on Monday, I took him to the doctor, and by Tuesday he was feeling much better.


On Tuesday, feeling better but still not able to go to school- so we hung out and played with his new birthday toys.


He was a little sickly/fussy all week and we wanted to wait until he was 100% to finish the birthday celebrations. Finally, on Friday he was feeling great so Landon opened the rest of his presents from his party and we went to Chuck E Cheese.


Our Birthday tradition- Chuck E Cheese. We have been every year!


Now Ashlyn gets to join in on the fun.


Riding a baby ride for Ashie :-)



Landon's Chuck E Cheese buddy- Daddy!


Landon- HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY Birthday! We will never, ever be able to tell you how much we love you! So much has changed this year, especially you gaining a little sister. You have been beyond sweet to Ashlyn! You have been a better big brother than we could have ever imagined. You are soooooo nice to her and always ask about her. If we are leaving the house- you make sure we have her food. If you are in the car with a snack you ask me if she can have whatever you are eating too. I seriously can't imagine you being any nicer to her. You are the best big brother!!!!! I am shocked that at such a young age you can be so kind and thoughtful. The other day (while you were very sick with strep) I had gotten you some nuggets- trying to get you to eat something. You set a place for me and opened the sauce packet and placed some nuggies out for me- so thoughtful! For your party, I came home one day and told you I had bought all yellow stuff- plates, cups, etc to match your Gabba stuff. You told me you wanted blue. I told you no problem we would exchange the yellow for blue tomorrow it was no big deal. Later that night you told me you liked yellow and wanted yellow. It took me a while to figure out what you were talking about. It was so sweet because you thought you had hurt my feelings. I kept the yellow for a while expecting you to change back to blue, but you never did- so we kept the yellow. You are so thoughful you also randomly tell us thank you for stuff. When we took you to ride the Christmas train, that night when we were putting you to bed you told us thank you for taking you, that it was fun. It is so umprompted and sincere. You do this often, but it is always at unexpected times and you say it very thougtfully. You have the sweetest/kindest heart, Landon!!







My friend sent me this after Landon's party. Oh baby boy- how has time flown by so fast?!?! You have grown into the smartest, cutest, kindest, funniest 3 year old EVER!!!! We love you more than you will ever know!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment